You will love my Nigerian carrot Stew recipe!
Hey loves, as always, how is it going? How’s your kitchen? Hope your family is really feeling the impact of my recipes?
This carrot stew recipe was so delicious!
Most of you that have been looking for an alternative to the conventional Nigerian tomato stew,This is it!
Read to the end to know how to prepare this super goodness.
Carrot stew recipe is not as popular as Nigerian tomato stew as most of you know.
Due to the limited choices to the Nigerian tomatoes stew, people feel concerned because there are not too many handful substitutes to tomatoes stew.
On account of this, Nigerians tend to substitute tomato stew to vegetable sauce, egg sauce, for the Eastern part of Nigeria, they go with banga stew or ofe akwu as the case may be.
The striking thing is that most Nigerians prepare a pot of tomato stew especially during the weekends for rice on Sunday.
Meaning stew is very important as long as an average Nigerian is concerned.
Also, it means that Nigerians will somehow find it difficult to cope without a pot of stew, because stew go with varieties.
Aside from other options mentioned above, carrot stew recipe is a perfect alternative to the well known Nigerian tomato stew.
It’s very tasty and healthy, can equally be used for any other thing that can be used with tomato stew and also goes with a lot of varieties such as boiled white rice, plantain(ripe or unripe), name it.
In Nigeria, jollof rice is a major food. One of the major ingredients in the preparation of jollof rice is fresh tomato.
In the process jollof rice preparation, tomato stew is prepared, before you can have a ready plate of jollof.
In the same vein, carrots can also be used to prepare jollof rice.
Carrot is used in place of fresh tomato, and can also be used in the preparation of carrot jollof rice.
As you guys can see, carrot stew is as important as tomato stew because they meet almost the same need.
Carrot can as well be used in the preparation of other recipe such as fried rice, meat pie, vegetable sauce, carrot stir fry, vegetable salad, carrot sauce, nigerian carrot sauce, vegetarian carrot stew, and a whole lot.
Carrot which is the major ingredient in this recipe was grated, can also blended with a blender.
I used cow meat, chicken or any other meat of choice can also go.
Unlike in the Nigerian tomato stew, tomato puree or tin tomato is used, my carrot stew recipe was prepare with only carrot.
Carrot is seasonal, and relatively cheap whenever in season.
In skincare, carrot does great job, as it’s used in most skincare and beauty products.
It’s also used in the production of carrot oil and carrot powder.
Carrot stew recipe is a delicious and healthy Nigerian stew, with a super taste and flavor, you cannot get bored with.
It’s very good option and an alternative to the conventional Nigerian tomato stew.
It can also be taken with a good number of varieties as mentioned above.
To cook delicious carrot stew recipe, I used;
- 500g carrot
- 300g cow meat
- 2 small green pepper
- 3 medium fresh pepper or to taste
- 2 medium onions
- 1 tablespoon fried shallot
- 1 teaspoon rosemary spice
- 1 medium clove fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- 250ml vegetable oil
- Wash, scrape the back of the carrot, wash again, then grate.
- Slice the onion, pound the fresh pepper and set aside.
- Wash the beef thoroughly, set aside.
- Grate the fresh turmeric and garlic
- Wash and chop the green pepper
- Put the washed meat in an empty pot.
- Add the rosemary spice, fried shallot, fresh garlic, turmeric, seasoning cube, salt and very little water, mix with a turning stick, and apply heat.
- Leave the meat to cook for 7 to 10 minutes on medium heat, remove from heat.
- In an empty dry pot, add vegetable oil, leave to heat up for 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced onions, stir, add the grated carrot and stir.
- Cook the carrot till the water dries up.
- Add pepper, curry powder, meat with stock, stir, cover and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add seasoning cube and salt, little water to your thickness of choice, stir, cover and leave to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Finally, add the chopped green pepper, stir, leave for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
It’s ready! Please try out this recipe. I tell you, you will love it!
Enjoy with whatever you enjoy with tomato stew.
Also watch the video below to see practically how to cook delicious carrot stew recipe.
Hope you enjoyed reading this post?
Please share with your family and friends, they will also find it helpful.
Leave a comment to tell me what you think about this recipe.
Have a wow weekend!