Wondered how this peppered chin chin tasted ?
Well, it was super yummy!
When you try it out, you will have no option than to start making peppered chin chin.
I don’t share what I’ve not tried.
I often make chin chin and store in an airtight container.
Chin Chin is one the major snacks that’s never found wanting in my house .
My kids so much enjoy it and also used to entertain my visitors.
Chin chin is one of my favorite snacks.
My chin chin was not just peppered, twas crunchy and soft and tasty.
Everyone prefer crunchy and soft type of chin chin compared to the hard ones.
While growing up, I thought chin chin was always hard, because all the chin chin I enjoyed was hard.
I continued with hard chin chin because I loved it and had no option.
One day I went to one super market and saw a well packaged chin chin with a different shapes and a sizes, unlike the normal squared shaped chin chin we were used to .
The sizes were really bold and looked soft and truly it was .
So, I bought some then, twas that day I knew that it was very possible for a chin chin to be really soft. Lol!
Chin chin is a deep fried snack, usually crunchy.
It is a popular crispy Nigerian snack enjoyed by many when cooled.
It’s also an appetizer that’s served during events and can be cut into different shapes and sizes.
Follow me as I unleash the ingredients for making soft crunchy peppered chin chin, so yummy, lol!
To make crunchy soft peppered chin chin
2 cups All purpose flour
1 tablespoonful sugar
2 pinches salt
1 tablespoonful powdered milk
3 African nutmeg or ehuru seeds
2 tablespoons margarine
5 medium sized red bonnet pepper
2 small sized eggs
vegetable oil enough for deep frying
1. Sift the flour into an empty bowl
2. Add the sugar
3. Add the salt
4. Add the powdered milk
5. Grind the ehuru seeds, add and mix all the dry ingredients together
6. Add the margarine mix very well till it looks like bread crumbs
7. Pound or grind and add the red bonnet pepper, mix very well
8. Break the egg in a separate bowl, whisk the until foamy, pour into the flour content and knead the dough. Knead until smooth and non-sticky, then cut into your desired shapes and sizes.
9. In an empty dry pot, put the vegetable oil, place the pot on medium heat, dip a wooden spoon, if it form bubbles, the chin chin is ready to be fried.
Stir the chin chin during frying
Fry until golden brown.
That’s the yum yum peppered soft and crunchy chin chin
Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.