Okro soup recipe worth trying!
Hello lovelies,greetings to you.How are you and how’s your kitchen?
Hope it’s booming with palatables?
On the table today is my fingerlicking okro soup .During my weightloss program,i often prepared it.
Losing weight wasn’t easy but one of the things that made me achieved my desired weight was my weightloss soup.lol!
I had to let go certain meals and made okro soup my regular soup.I enjoy the soup so it was not as if twas a punishment eating it regularly.
For those of you that want to watch your weight or watching weight rather,this will be of so much help,what okro does is that ,it controls the production of fat in the body,which in turn decreases the total body cholesterol. I shedded so much fat with it.
It’s easy to prepare and not time consuming,once your okro is cut,you are good to go. I like cutting mine bold ,so as to get the feel of the okro, both the flavour and the crunchiness. Lol! Okro has a very super duper flavour I love,that’s why I cannot get bored with it.
Okro soup is a delicious Nigerian draw soup, similar to ogbonno soup and loved by many.
It can be prepared with or without green leafy vegetables and can be thinly or boldly chopped. It’s a soup recommended for weight watchers.
It is the first soup usually introduced to toddlers, when they start eating swallow.
The okro should be thinly sliced because it’s babies we are talking about here.For adults consumption,you can slice in whatever size that suits you.
There are two major different methods of preparation,which are the boiling and the frying method.
In this post, I will go by the boiling method,i prefer this method in okro soup,because l love the okro popping green and all the nutrients intact.
The soup tasted good. I added little palm oil and shombo. The shombo pepper gave the soup a reddish appetizing colour.
To prepare Fingerlicking Weightloss Okro Soup Recipe
- 5 medium meat
- 7 medium cow organ meat
- 1 medium Titus fish
- 6 medium cow skin
- 1 medium onion
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- Water for cooking
- 1 cooking spoon palm oil
- 1 cup crayfish(not grounded)
- 4 shombo pepper
- 2 custard cups okro
- Wash and cut the okro and set aside.
- Scrape the cow skin and wash thoroughly.
- Blend the pepper and coarsely grind the crayfish,chop the remaining onion and set aside.
- Wash the Titus fish and remove the unwanted parts.
- Thoroughly wash the meat,cow organ meat with salt water,put in an empty pot,add 1 seasoning cube,chopped onion,salt,mix ,apply heat and leave to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 custard cup of water for cooking,add the cow skin and leave to cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the Titus fish,crayfish,pepper,the remaining stock cube,chopped onion,salt,palm oil,leave to cook for another 6 minutes,then remove the Titus fish from heat to maintain its firmness
- Add the cut okro,stir and leave to cook for 2 minutes.
My Fingerlicking okro soup recipe is ready!
Enjoy with swallow of choice!
Please don’t forget to leave a comment and tell me what you think.
Have a fun-filled weekend!