Nigerian coconut candy recipe! If you felt the goodness of this recipe while growing up, raise your hands! My two hands are up, lol!
During my childhood stage,coconut candy was one of the snacks I never missed.
The truth is, I love everything coconut or coconut flavored and cannot get bored with it.
The same is also applicable to my kids. Like mother like children, lol!
Also, virtually all the persons I know love coconut, so its a generally thing.
Nigerian coconut candy recipe,is a snack, dessert and delicious treat enjoyed by children and adults.It’s also a finger food that can be taken with or without drink.
It’s prepared majorly with sugar and grated coconut. You can also add salt,though its optional.
Aside from the grating process, the preparation of the coconut candy is easy and not time consuming.
The sugar used could be icing sugar or the granulated sugar we all know.
Water can also be added or done without. Water was not added to my coconut candy recipe because I wanted a crunchy coconut candy.
Coconut can be prepared with so many delicious recipes, such as coconut jollof rice, coconut white rice, coconut porridge yam, coconut cake, coconut bread, coconut smoothies and coconut oil which great for skincare, haircare and culinary purposes.
To Make The Nigerian Coconut Candy Recipe
- 1 medium coconut
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Break open the coconut, separate the meat from the coconut shell with the aid of a knife, wash and grate the coconut with bold part of the grater.
- salt to the grated coconut, mix till well incorporated.
- Put sugar in a pot, apply low heat, stir at intervals till it melts and turn to honey brown
- Add the grated coconut, also stir at intervals till the water in the grated coconut is completely absorbed and brown in colour.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a flat plate to cool and congeal, then mould into balls or shape of choice.
It’s ready! Enjoy with preferably soft drink of choice!
Watch the video below on how to make Nigerian Coconut Candy Recipe.
As always, share this post and let me know your opinion about this recipe.
Talk to you soon.