To address the two challenges I mentioned earlier people face in making Nigerian egg roll.
There are other methods but will share with you the method I used. Like I told you it’s simple.
My egg roll dough was stretchy and sticky because I added enough water, I wanted an egg roll with an easy bite, I controlled the sticky dough with flour.
The secret why the egg rolls came out smooth and well rounded was that I extensively worked with flour during the wrapping stage.
With the help of the flour, divide the dough with the number of eggs you have, then flatten a little with your hand, put the egg, remember the dough is stretchy and soft, pulling up the dough to cover the egg, then seal and smoothen moving the dough in your hands in a circular motion.
To Make Best Nigerian Egg Roll
10 medium egg
4 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoonfuls granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt(not heaped)
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoonful powdered milk flavor
2 leveled tablespoon baking powder
3 tablespoonfuls margarine
Lukewarm water for mixing
Vegetable oil enough for deep frying
1. Wash and boil the eggs for 5minutes on medium heat
2. Transfer the boiled egg into a cold water and leave 3 minutes,then remove the shell
3. Sift the flour,add the ground nutmeg, salt, granulated sugar,baking powder, powdered milk flavor, mix together, then add the margarine and work with hand until it looks like raw garri.
4. Add water little at a time,knead to get a sticky dough,and transfer to a floured surface.(This was the stage I worked extensively with flour). I divided the dough with the number of eggs I had which was 10medium and wrapped the egg with the dough .I explained that above.
1. In empty dry pot, add vegetable oil enough for deep frying, leave to heat very well, put the dough in the oil and fry on low heat, stir at intervals and fry until golden brown.
There you have it!
Enjoy and share with those around you!
Don’t forget to leave a comment and share what you think about my BEST Nigerian Egg Roll.
Hello lovelies, welcome to my blog. My name is Ada, a wife and a mother of 4 adorable kids. I’m an Educationist by study and a good cook by hobby. I’m the cook, food writer, photographer and behind every other thing on this blog.This blog is all about sharing my cooking experience which is a resultant of super tasty Nigerian food recipes. Join me let’s have fun doing what I love, know and do best. Would always love to hear from you. Feel free to get in touch via thecontact form