Vegetable (ugu leaves) sauce is on the table!
Already salivating? Just be patient you will have a taste. Lol!
Good day good people, how are you and family doing today? How’s your kitchen? Hope it’s booming with delicious meals?
Looking for something healthy, fast and very easy to prepare? My vegetable (ugu leaves) sauce is worth trying out.
This is a student friendly recipe as it doesn’t cost much.
It’s a low budget friendly recipe, nutritious and tasty.
Vegetable (Ugu leaves) sauce is a healthy and delicious Nigerian sauce prepared with ugu leaves as the key ingredients.
Vegetable sauce can also be made with non leafy vegetables such as carrot,cucumber, green beans. it is also a super recipe! Get the recipe here
The preparation is similar to Efo riro also known as vegetable soup by the yorubas.
Unlike Efo riro that require a good number of ingredients, this recipe was made with smoked fish and crayfish, no assorted meat, lol! And tasted very good.
Ingredients for Vegetable (Ugu Leaves) Sauce
- 2 handfuls shredded ugu leaves
- 1 small wrap ogiri/fermented melon
- 2 tablesponfuls ground crayfish
- 2 medium fresh pepper
- 2 cooking spoons palm oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 stock cubes
- 1 medium smoked fish
- Pick, wash and shred the ugu leaves, set aside.
- Wash smoked fish with salt water, debone properly, set aside.
- Dice onions
- Coarsely blend fresh pepper.
- Put the fish in an empty, add water to same level of the fish.
- Divide the diced onion. Add onion, pepper, ogiri. salt, stock cube, stir and apply heat.
- Leave to simmer on a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, remove from heat.
- Put palm oil in an empty dry pot, apply heat and leave the palm oil to heat up, do not bleach the oil.
- Add the remaining onion, add ground crayfish and stir for a minute.
- Add the smoked fish with stock to palm oil content and leave to simmer until water is almost dried.
- Add the shredded vegetable, stir, taste for salt, add if need be, leave to steam for 2 minutes.
Yes! It’s ready!
Enjoy with white rice, yam, eba or any thing that works well with you.
Watch video below to see how to make vegetable ugu leaves sauce.
Please share this post, leave a comment and tell me what you think about this recipe.
Happy New Month!